I think I’ll just start posting about current events that have to do with my project

If you’ve read the news, I’m sure you’ve heard about the murder of Barnard freshman Tessa Majors. She was walking through a park near campus around 5:30 PM when she was brutally stabbed and killed by a group of teenagers.

And you also might’ve also seen this headline:

They really try to find every way to victim blame, don’t they? In the article, Sergeants Benevolent Association president Ed Mullins said, “Here we have a student murdered by a 13-year-old, we have a common denominator: marijuana.” He’s trying to put the victim and the murderer on even ground, and ultimately blame Tessa for allegedly walking through the park to buy weed.

Victim blaming: a form of gaslighting that tells the woman that any harm done to her is in some way caused by her own wrongdoing. And in this case, an 18-year-old woman’s murder is somehow made out to be her fault — by Mr. Ed Mullins and anyone who chose to support this story (thanks, New York Post).

If you’d like to read this shitty article, the link’s below. Please spread the word to stop victim blaming.

https://nypost.com/2019/12/15/tessa-majors-was-looking-to-buy-weed-before-her-murder-police-union-president-claims/