Ramblings of a Technical Writer

Hey y’all, excited to share my finished Capstone project with you. For my project, I created a technical writing blog in which I analyze and critique technical documents. For those unfamiliar, technical documents are typically instructions or other types of reference materials – they’re informative and dry, with little room for nonsense.

My blog, on the other hand, has a lot of room for nonsense. I noticed that most other technical writing blogs were just super boring, so I decided to differentiate my blog with a more humorous, casual tone. This should make my project a bit more entertaining/interesting for people besides technical writers.

Overall, I had a lot of fun with the project. I felt like I was able to offer insightful analysis into each document without making it a total snoozefest. I didn’t quite expect each of my posts to lead me down such long, weird rabbit holes, but I enjoyed digging deeper into documents that most people don’t think twice about.

Here’s my final project site: https://alexlopez2020.wixsite.com/technicalwritingblog

I hope y’all are doing well, and I’m looking forward to seeing the rest of your projects.