Who am I?
- I am the kind of person who, after reading a book, will start to think like the 3rd person narrator of my own life and of the things happening around me.
- I too-often find myself thinking about what should I do later rather than what am I doing now.
- I am someone who will cry if someone else is upset.
- (In that same vein) I am sensitive, oftentimes to a fault.
- I am someone who is always looking for something to look forward to.
- I am a lay-on-the-beach vacation person, though sometimes I am an adventure vacation person or a city vacation person. Basically, I love vacations.
- I am a competitive person, but most people wouldn’t know that.
What resources am I using for my project?
(note to readers: I am doing my project as an integrated approach to the Holocaust through the lens of my grandparents’ stories (who are survivors) and how the media/pop culture has portrayed it since the 1950s…)
- Comic representations of Hitler from US and Britain during/post WWII
- The Stranger (Orson Wells, 1946)
- The Diary of Anne Frank
- “Eli The Fanatic” (1959)
- “The Jewbird” (Malamud, 1963)
- Marathon Men (1976)
- Saul Bellow’s work (1972)
- Sophie’s Choice
- Philip Roth (Ghost Writer, 1979)
- Night (1982)
- Schindler’s List (1990s…)
- Inglourious Basterds (2009)
- Defiance (2009)
- My grandparents’ own stories (as recorded by the Video History Archive at USC)
…help me make sense of this?