Tech Challenge – Changing Fonts

I’ve been working with Tumblr for my Remediation project and have been frustrated that I couldn’t control every aspect of my theme’s design, especially the fonts because they were chunky and italicized and awful. The things I wanted to change were all in HTML/CSS/something I don’t understand, so I went to the Tech Deck earlier this week for help.

I had a few problems finding someone who could help me with coding (so if anyone needs help with this in the future I would suggest going to the Tech Deck far before the project due date), but once I found the right person it went pretty smoothly!

The girl I worked with was extremely helpful. She explained a little about coding and showed me how to find and change what I wanted. She also helped me understand how the code works and affects different parts of the webpage.

It’s nice to know more of what goes into making a website – it’s a lot more complicated than drag-and-drop sites like Wix or Weebly would have you believe.

Though I can’t code for myself, I’m sure that understanding some of the basics will be a useful life skill. It also helped me get the perfect look for my Remediation project!