Blogging Progress Report

Looking through my blogs, I’ve noticed that my tone and style are contingent on the prompt. If I am responding to a reading, my writing exudes a formal tone with lengthier sentences. If I am blogging on my day’s experience with writing, then my writing is imbued with satire and colloquialness.

Copyright of Phinphanatic

Comments—from and to me—are usually the latter too. They are mainly morale boosters, but they can also be insightful on how other people view the topic in question. In the future, I want to make sure that I give comments that further the conversation, not reiterate it.

Overall, this experience has been a learning one. I haven’t blogged like this before. In the past, I have blogged for work, which was not on topics that I found interesting. From now on, my blogs will relate to a central theme. I just need to figure out what that is.

Joseph Elliott

Hello, my name is Joseph Elliott, and I am a student at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, obtaining a Minor in Writing.

2 thoughts to “Blogging Progress Report”

1. I know what you mean by reiterating the argument, sometimes this can be an easy way to quickly show you read the thing, and it can feel very route. A central theme would be interesting, I would like to see where you go with that.