Bridging My Way

Weebly, that’s my choice for my re-mediating project.

Its accolades enticed me to check the site out, and I’m hooked. I started playing around with it tonight, and it was very intuitive. It seems like the perfect fit for me, mainly, because I am able to manipulate the website design without knowing a lot of code. It also allows me to input other forms of multimedia on my page, which I wanted to do in my proposal. Specifically, I wanted to put a video on the page, and Weebly enables me to embed Youtube videos on my page.

Even though I have found a platform to make my website, I still need to make sure that the website I produce looks professional. I have found a couple of other websites to help me with design process:

Colourlovers.com – This website shows the trending color palettes, and it also lets you look through a peck of color palettes to use for your own design. Even more importantly, the website gives you the color codes, so you can replicate the colors they show you.

Html.net – Here, you can learn how to make a website from scratch, but I will probably use this for learning how to use HTML and CSS to change intricate details on my site.

Google Gadgets – Google allows you to search for free, modifiable widgets to put on your website. I will most likely use this for a Google News Alert widget on my topic, the permanence Electoral College.

In conjunction with all of this, I plan to utilize Youtube whenever I can. Video tutorials are helpful for me when I learn new functions of technology, and they save me a lot of time (Weebly Website Tutorial).

I also plan on attending a coding workshop when we have one. I think it would be helpful, especially to pick someone’s brain on all the problems that arise while creating the website.

Other than that, I feel like I have a clear idea on how I will build my site. I just need to start working on it!

Joseph Elliott

Hello, my name is Joseph Elliott, and I am a student at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, obtaining a Minor in Writing.

One thought to “Bridging My Way”