In Time.

Dear professors,
this clip that has absolutely nothing to do with what we are learning. It is not a good break. It is not funny or interesting or adding anything to my learning experience. It is a waste of time.
There is nothing in the world I hate more than wasting time. I love learning. I have a million questions, and learning about one thing often spurs me to research said topics outside of class. There will never be enough hours in the day, enough days in the week, enough weeks in a month for me answer all my questions, to live out all my aspirations.
I am not lazy, but I am bored by these pointless activities. I would rather do something to enrich my learning experience, my life experience. Time is not a reusable resource. We can’t get it back.
So, dear professor, I do not want to watch your “clip of the day”. I don’t want to take a break. Just let me out five minutes early so I can do something worthwhile.

One thought to “In Time.”

1. I read this post and was like “I KNOW, RIGHT!?” It seems like so many of our classes are filled with random film clips, things our professors tell us we won’t be tested on, and weird little activities that contribute very little to our learning. Like we don’t have 400 other things to do that would actually be relevant.