Re-Mediation Assignment

Now that I have a clear direction of where I am going with my repurposed essay, it’s time to start thinking about the re-mediation assignment.  As I was writing my proposal I knew I wanted to make my paper about LeBron James into a blog post, as doing so will allow me to completely change the tone of my paper while keeping the same overarching idea and audience.  Sports blogs are so common today and as much as I have read these blogs I have never ventured into this world myself.

I know, on the surface, this re-mediation may seem like a really easy task…but, to be honest, I’m kind of nervous about it.  I’ve have been looking at a lot of sports blogs in preparation of this assignment, and have seen a large spectrum of blogs.  While some blogs are eloquently written and thought out, others are simply rants–like the writer had word vomit.  Personally, I would rather my new piece sound more like a rant than an eloquently written article just because this is something I have never done before.  However, I recognize that this is an english class, and I therefore am going to try and craft a blog posts that sounds like a rant, but it still good writing…which I think is easier said than done.

To make this blog, I am going create a website.  I am also going to try and include elements of technology, such as the use of hyperlinks, embedding YouTube clips, enabling a commenting tool, and a twitterfeed of James’ tweets.

2 thoughts to “Re-Mediation Assignment”

1. I think that you have a good direction with your re-mediation project, but I think that you need to decide on a concrete style before you begin creating your blog. I think that you should try not to write your blog as a rant, but as an informal opinionated blog piece. This way your blog will still emphasize your writing abilities, but still appear to be a legit blog. I also like the idea of incorporating various YouTube clips and twitterfeed of Lebron’s tweets.

1. I would definitely agree. Another alternative might be to create a couple different blog posts of varying levels of formality and tone? As a blog, it really is a platform for the blogger to voice his/her opinion. Sometimes people get worked-up and just have to rant.

Have you decided how you’re going to build your website/blog? If you haven’t checked in to WordPress, you might like it. It’s easy to set up and perfect for blogging (obviously, if we’re using it to blog for this class).

Good luck! Can’t wait to see the finished project!