Stream of Consciousness and Dove Promises

What’s on my mind this week? Peppermint mochas, peppermint bark, peppermint tea, peppermint frosting, peppermint ice cream. I love the whole of the holiday season for many reasons, but the return of the peppermint flavor to coffee shops is usually my yearly cue to start listening to Christmas music and be in a better mood. There are so many things to look forward to! One of my all time favorite things about the holiday season are the “Lights Before Christmas” at the Toledo Zoo. This year, I’m leaving right from my last exam to meet my family at the lights! So excited.

Thanksgiving or Christmas always tend to be the times I try out the whole journal thing. I’ll really want to document this time of year more than any because I’m one of those cheesy, “I love the holidays,” listening to Christmas music before Thanksgiving people. I even love snow and cold weather. No joke. I look forward to sweaters, boots, and hot chocolate like most students look forward to summer. I think it’s because my birthday is in January…To me, the holidays just bring out such a pure form of unadulterated bliss and good intention. Yeah, I’m still pretty naive and I intend to bask in it as long as I can. I know it’s stressful, I ring bells for Salvation Army, and the suicide rates this time of year are higher than any other, but I’m going to hold on to my child-like sentiments as long as I can. It’s about the only time of year I feel like I can.

I’m going to end this completely non-linear, roundabout post with the last Dove Promise wrapper I got before I left for break:

Why can’t the season of joy last all year round?

The Main attraction
http://static3.travelandleisure.com/images/amexpub/0018/4754/201011-w-tree-toledo-zoo.jpg