The Voice Thread Experience – Talking Through The Creative Process

The entire process of transforming a work from a text medium to a video medium has, without a doubt, been both a stressful experience and a great learning experience. There are so many things that I would like to be able to do, yet I don’t know exactly how. This is especially frustrating, since I have big visions for my project and I can see already what I would like the final product to look like. The more difficult part is actually making it happen. Like many aspects of my life, I tend to dream big and sometimes I need to just take a step back and make sure that I have realistic goals for what I want my end product to be. The voice thread that I created will talk you through my creative process, but as of now, it only incorporates text. I have my photos that I want to use now, but I am in the process of adding them to iMovie. This is really where I am coming into some trouble.

MY VOICE THREAD:

http://voicethread.com/share/2491870/

I did, however, find that Voice Thread is an awesome tool. It is a great way to be able to explain to other people what you were trying to do with your work. When I add the photos in later today (hopefully someone in class can show me how to do it!), I will be able to produce another Voice Thread that better reflects what my end product is going to look like. I have my filming days set and I am confident that I will be able to produce something great, I just know it’s going to take a lot of work. But, that is what I find most appealing about this class. It challenges me.