Guess the Party’s not Quite Over

Anyone else notice how much this class just seems …. to stick with you – you always think you’re done with something and then you find out you should do more?   That’s a sign of valuable education.

Anyway, I guess I have to talk some more about myself, particularly my process in creating the portfolio.  It was hard work, and it was frustrating.  Self-reflection is good for the writing process, if you don’t over-think it, but while you’re writing it, it’s a pain in the butt.  Like pulling my own teeth, I swear.  That’s what made the portfolio process so annoying, because I left the self-reflection for the last minute because I had decided to create better drafts of the material I posted on the portfolio.

I am happy with my portfolio, as I have said.  I don’t think I did justice to the type of writer I wanted to portray myself as, but that is because this portfolio included mainly writing minor pieces.  I did not upload many of my professional and academic pieces simply because I had no time – this is finals season, after all.  Still, the amount of work I did for this class was staggering – and this is coming from someone who was taking upper 300 level classes all semester.  But in the end, it was a good kind of work.  I hope.  It’s just a bit hard to see the forest for the trees, around finals season.  You all know what I’m talking about, I’m sure.

Aside from what I just said, that’s pretty much it.  I am “self-reflected” out.  I’ve said it once, and I’ll say it again: Enjoy your break!