My Brain Is EXHAUSTED

In this moment, writing for me is a chore. The responsibility of writing, and the expectation to be as near perfect as possible is weighing really heavy on me right now. As I mentioned before, perhaps this is THE Michigan Difference.

Lately, I find myself being extremely self conscious about my writing, so I find myself taking more pause than usual to put a sentence together. I’m not sure why this is, if this is normal, or if I’m going through a phase but I’m afraid that if I don’t get it in check soon I might risk a much needed grade. Thoughts?

Brittany Smith

University of Michigan (first year) senior, Detroit native.

One thought to “My Brain Is EXHAUSTED”

1. Hi Brittany,

I think it’s difficult to bring inspiration to writing, especially when you have to force it for a deadline for an assignment. It’s not easy to force writing upon yourself either. I always like to do something fun, and take as many breaks as I need during the writing process. Patience, I’ve learned, is key to writing a good essay.

As for the extensive consideration you put into writing each sentence, I think it’s a good thing. It means that you’re becoming more aware of what you’re writing. I wouldn’t worry too much about a letter grade however, You’re here to learn, after all!

-Diana