My Writing Zone

I’d like to start off by saying  that I thought Shelia Murphy was hilarious. Talk about a really unique and outspoken individual. I thought it was really cool that she was able to share some personal details about her life and how it got her where she is now. I think sharing personal details will make your audience more likely to really listen to you and take you seriously. If she had just talked about her writing process in a really impersonal way, I don’t think I would’ve left there with the same feelings.

One part that I found to be really funny and interesting was the “writing zone” that Shelia enters for her writing. I remember she said there were lots of sticky notes and odd little things to look at in her writing space. I think she mentioned a cactus of some sort? Hahahahha I found that to be so random and hilarious.

So then I started thinking about my ideal writing space and what I would want in it. Rather than tell you, I have decided to show you!

ahhhhhh a doorway leading to “THE WRITING ZONE” !!!
a clean white desk with lots of space on the wall above to tack up weird things, reminders, and inspiration
is asking for a separate little sunroom off to the side of my writing area too much? nahhhhhhh
HANGING BED?!?!?!?! like talk about ideal.
this chair is like a sweater…. for your butt. its a must!
paper lantern lights. its just a cool ambiance.
a countdown till christmas. doesn’t matter if its 364 days away… it still would make me happy.
a poster of mcdreamy. no explanation necessary.
inspirational sticky notes!!
chunky sweaters for dayyyyzzz
HOT CHOCOLATE!
more chocolate!!
fuzzy socks…. my feet tend to get very cold. gotta have those cozy socks 🙂 the best are the ones with bath and body works with aloe infused in them…..!
sometimes i wear glasses when I write (I don’t need glasses….) because they make me feel smarter.
and a full body sweater for the day when things just arent going my way.

Well that was super fun to make. Now I need to make lots of money so I can afford to make this happen. I hope this made you laugh like Shelia made me laugh at the “How I Write” event!

One thought to “My Writing Zone”

1. I love this. Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to attend the How I Write Event, but I’m sure it was awesome. It’s very true that a writing space can really mold how well my writing goes. If I’m in the basement of my house with all of the fluorescent lighting and a lack of windows…my creativity runs dry. That’s why I take to a Starbucks or my room (though I tend to get sidetracked by other things there). But I love the things you’ve listed as your ideal writing space. They’re such great places/items…especially the poster of McDreamy. I had an inner giggle at that.