The Presidential Debate Word Choice

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2012/10/donald-trump-and-the-poor-received-equal-billing-in-last-nights-debate/263247/

While scrolling through The Atlantic I came across this interesting article, primarily due to it’s name choice. The article breaks down how many times each candidate used certain words, and what words one used while the other did not. While it seems trivial I agree with the author of this article when she says, “One good way to figure out what the candidates care about, or think people who will vote care about, is to figure out which words they repeat over and over and which ones they barely mention”. In order to walk away from the presidential debate with some knowledge gained I believe this is the best way because I understood so little of what was going on.

The things I found interesting were that Big Bird and billionaires were mentioned but not once was the word females used. It saddened me that while watching the debate Ledbetter Fair Pay Act, and reproductive rights of women was not brought up once.