See You Later

I am now saying goodbye to the Gateway course blog, but this is not by no means a final goodbye to blogging. In fact, this is just the end of a the beginning of my venture into new media writing. I can say with confidence that over the course of the semester, my feelings towards blogs and new media have undergone a drastic makeover. I still value traditional academic writing a lot, but I certainly now see the important niche new media writing has in the overall landscape of the discipline.

At the end of this post you will find the link to my gateway course ePortfolio, a permanent digital home for all of the work I did this semester, as well as some past writing I have done in college. There is also a reflective component that goes along with each of the pieces you will see. Putting together an entire website was at times difficult and frustrating, but was very rewarding. I am proud of the site I am about to present and think it showcases what I have done pretty well. My ePortfolio also is not necessarily a finished product–I plan to keep building on it and adding more work as I continue writing.

So, here it is: my ePortfolio. I hope you enjoy!

One thought to “See You Later”

1. Congrats Ben! You ePort looks fantastic. I am glad you benefitted as much as I did from the class.

I just wanted to thank you for all of the valuable comments, advice and additional help you have given me through this course. You, in particular, have helped my projects fill out their full potential. Thank you for all you patients and willingness to help. I valued your opinions and advice through the writing process.
    I wish you the best of luck in future semesters! I hope you find time to continue blogging within the Sweatland blog just to check in with us, every once and a while. Until then, toodles!