Short films anyone?

Connections are everything. Some find that one main goal in life is to understand t be understood and for that to not be a misunderstanding is to simply connect with people. Now this might not be the easiest thing in the world, nor would it be the first thing that comes to mind when contemplating lifelong goals, but, it IS important. Short films. See, the point I’m trying to make here, aside my a psychological-abstracty  point of view, is that I absoultely, posistively, ultimately, LOVE short films, especially the ones animated (who doesn’t?, no, honestly….I want to meet you) because they help me connect, pull me in into a world not all of my own, I’m allowed to see the big picture, from someone else’s eyesight.

Of course, I’ve seen short films in the past, but it wasn’t until recently, when reading an article from The Michigan Daily, that I realized my newfound fondness and interest in short films. After reading that article (below, so please check it out if need be), I began to open my mind to the universe of short films, and like my strong desire for coffee in the morings, I find that my “work” at work is cascaded by silent videos of unseen short stories. Rather intriguing if I must say so myself.

From Paperman to The Maker, La Luna to Geri’s Game, suddenly Electroshock to Guacomole, they ALL prove some type of importance, themes vomiting off the screen, and yet secrecy undefined.  I honestly like them all! Not because most are animation and it makes me feel like I actually connect with my younger siblings, BUT because the unrehearsed connections that somehow…..connect with everyday life is phenomenal. I don’t know if I’ll ever have the creative ability to express a short film plastered out into existence, but I do appreciate them, those meanings of body language, relationships intertwined into one soul, those bouts of attraction between man and dog. They all matter, and for me, they can come in the form of short films. Check some out.

http://www.michigandaily.com/arts/02oscar-shorts-animated06

http://www.shortoftheweek.com/category/topic/love/