A Crappy Paragraph from a Comm Paper that I Wrote

Below was the concluding paragraph of my paper regarding some of the various effects that the media (through television) can have on it’s viewers. The wording is repetitive and it does not flow well at all. I guess we all have to start somewhere.

Having been mindful of potential media effects and viewing these three media uses simultaneously, I definitely found that the media can have very strong impacts on any given person. Additionally, I learned that some of these effects tend to be very subtle. Typically, when watching a sporting event, I simply sit back, relax, and enjoy the action. However, after taking part in this study, I came to realize how many hours each week I devote to watching television, when I can be doing something else instead. I wouldn’t say that it is always a waste of time, but it is certainly time that is being displaced, and could have been spent in a more productive fashion. In my opinion, the effects that the media can have on people are beyond limitations. It is as influential as one allows it to be. Some of the effects can be negative, such as the content-irrelevant effect I just alluded to. However, others are certainly positive, such as the cognitive effect I got from watching Pardon the Interruption. As a result of watching this show, my knowledge was increased and I was able to make sophisticated predictions on the upcoming games. Having been educated about the effects the media can have on individuals alone and society as a whole, I certainly feel that I am far more vulnerable to media effects, simply because I am now actively conscious of them. I have learned that media effects have unlimited potential to impact society.