Confusing Math Prose

This came from my roommate’s textbook “Introduction to the Theory of Computation” by Michael Sipser-

“When the fifth symbol 1 is read, the fingers on q1 and q3 result in fingers on states q1, q2, q3, and q4, as you saw with the fourth symbol. The finger on state q2 is removed. The finger that was on q4 stays on q4. Now you have two fingers on q4, so remove one, because you only need to remember that q4 is a possible state at this point, not that it is possible for multiple reasons.”

It is like when your snoody cousin explains a game with the intention of watching your face squish in confusion.

Also this guy- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdHK_r9RXTc

Zoe Kumagai

Before coming to Ann Arbor the only home I habited was in small foothill town at the crest of Los Angeles. I was raised on white rice, basketball, and Shin Buddhism. My side kick is a six-foot tall, German double bass. I major in Music Performance. I am a peer tutor for the Sweetland Center for Writing and mentors in the Ypsilanti Youth Orchestra and the Dearborn Youth Symphony. If I found a genie in a bottle I would wish for lactose-tolerance, an afternoon rollerblading with John Cage and a nose-warmer.