Architecture Blog

The blog I took a look at is Casting Architecture.  It is a blog about great buildings that have been in movies and have either gone unnoticed or uncredited. The blog gives you a brief history of the building, how it was chosen for the film, and if and how you can visit it.  The audience for the blog is mainly people who may be interested in film or architecture or both.  I enjoy this blog because it gives a large array of different types of architecture and lets you think about possible reasons why they chose the buildings they did for their films and how things could have been affected had different locations been chosen.  It gives a look into how locations are chosen for films that most people probably would never consider while watching a movie.

http://www.castingarchitecture.com/

Blake Bambach

I am a senior linguistics major a University of Michigan. I am on the sailing team and a part of a fraternity. I enjoy reading more journalistic type writing mostly and enjoy technical writing.

3 thoughts to “Architecture Blog”

1. Such a cool website! I have never heard of this before but its a really interesting idea for a blog. After seeing this blog, I am going to look at the buildings in movies more closely.

2. This just made me think- did you know that the Law Quad was the only building in the U.S. that was considered as a model for Hogwarts in the Harry Potter movies? You probably knew, but I just had to say it. Anyway, is architecture one of your interests? I take film classes and am really interested in the subject, so I’ll definitely be checking out Casting Architecture. The blog seems to provide a background story to the making of the film, a story that most would otherwise be unaware of.

3. I love all this behind-the-scenes movie stuff, and I definitely want to check this out more. I kind of wish that they would have a list on the side of the page that would link to all the movies they talk about, so that I wouldn’t have to scroll through the whole thing to find a movie I’m interested in. Not that you’re in control of that!