Capstone Project Idea!

Hello ūüôā

Wow, it’s been a while since I’ve blogged on here! But, I thought I’d ask you all for feedback about my capstone project idea.

I’m really interested in writing some form of a¬†gamebook, a work of fiction that allows the reader to participate in the story by making choices¬†that determine the main character’s actions and the plot’s outcome.

My idea right now is using my life as a template, including both past experiences and future opportunities. The readers would be able to make their own decisions to see what journey my life takes. Alternatively, I could use the same form and create a more fictional, fairy-tale style story/crime fiction with various characters and plot twists.

Features of this style:

• The electronic book would be featured on my portfolio as a new media presentation.
  • The go to page ### button would link you directly to the next section.
  • An opportunity for creativity and freedom.
  • A chance to strengthen my descriptive writing abilities.
  • A way to demonstrate the complexity of my ideas.

Right now, I’m not sure if I want to use my existing ePortfolio ¬†or create a new one for this class. My gateway ePort is incorporated in my resume and was developed for a professional demographic, including law schools admissions officers and future employers. I could add this project under the New Media section, or create a new tab. Alternatively, I could create a more informal ePort with the project as its centerpiece and a collection of writings around a common theme, such as:¬†the Inner Child/Young at Heart; Varied Genres; For the Future.¬†

The logistics of this kind of writing could be challenging, but I have found some tools that could help!

• Inklewriter App: An app developed to help make the process of writing a game book easier!
  • Twine: A tool for creating interactive stories
Please comment with any feedback or thoughts you may have!