Food Blogs That Are Something To Drool Over

If you are a food blog, well you have already won over my heart, my mind, and absolutely my stomach. I was having a conversation with someone the other day about how much I enjoyed watching the cooking channel (I can’t fall asleep without it on, if I’m to be honest) and he stared back at me with a blank expression, as if food could actually mean nothing to some people. Hopefully, those that are reading this blog do not share his ambivalence towards the art of meal creation because this one is all about food.

Besides the daily pinterest recipe browse and the obvious 3x per day, food enters my life through the casual perusal of picture-filled food blogs. Possibly the allure comes from my knowledge of food, so I know that the pictures I see would taste good based on the fact that I know these individual flavors mesh together. Maybe I just like the pretty pictures and have a literal insatiable hunger, either way these forums drive me wild.

Smitten Kitchen is a particularly famous blog that is well-known for their pictures and recipes. It’s one of those sites where you can either come because you just like looking at pretty things, or you can come to mooch off their creativity to satisfy your noms. Either way, it’s definitely worth a few glances.

Another blog that satisfies my passion for food and also my obsession with Detroit is Detroit Foodie. I only discovered this one recently after living in Detroit and scoping out the food scene, but even if you don’t make the monthly pilgrimage to midtown like I do, you should still check this one out. They write about restaurants in and around Detroit, and it definitely has a young vibe which is where the city seems to be heading.

Lastly, if you’re looking for a chuckle, chortle, or snort you should check out Hannah Hart’s vlog. My Drunk Kitchen is her fun weekly web series, but she is actually passionate about the craft (especially the alcohol). It takes a very casual and haphazard approach to cooking, which may make it more approachable to those not familiar with the nitty-gritty of the gastronomic scene.

2 thoughts to “Food Blogs That Are Something To Drool Over”