Foodgawker

I love eating delicious food.  And looking at delicious-looking food.  And just food in general.  That’s why Foodgawker.com has earned a top spot in my internet-surfing repertoire.

Foodgawker is not so much a blog as it is a collection of food photography.  The editors collect photographs from food bloggers around the world, categorize them, and repost the pictures into a large, searchable, drool-worthy gallery, always linking to the original post by the photographer/food blogger.

There are three main reasons why I love Foodgawker (and why you should, too):

1. Photographs
  2. Dozens of categories
  3. Links

Photographs:

Screen Shot 2013-09-17 at 12.15.38 PM

S’mores Brownies.  Enough said.

Categories:

Foodgawker labels and organizes its posts very well.  This allows you to search by type of food (ex: Nutella), type of dish (ex: dessert), and even by submitter of the post.  The multitude of categories also makes it incredibly simple to find diet-specific foods, such as vegan or gluten-free recipes.

Links:

Clicking on a post on Foodgawker will bring you directly to the original post of the submitter, which is usually on a personal food blog.  This gives you the recipe so you can make delicious food for yourself at home, as well as background on the recipe and reasons why the original creator/their family/their friends enjoy it.  I love this feature because reading a recipe off a food blog makes me feel as if I’m getting the information from a friend rather than the anonymous sources behind general recipe websites.  Foodgawker gives me access to thousands of blogs and points of view that I may not otherwise have found.  And although I have not started following any specific food blogs, I like knowing where I can find them.

Oh, and did I mention the food?

Screen Shot 2013-09-17 at 12.21.07 PM

Eggplant Penne Pasta Bake

2 thoughts to “Foodgawker”

1. I really like how you organized your blog post here! I’ve been writing all of mine in normal paragraphs, and seeing your layout was a really nice surprise. It made me want to switch up some of my posts seeing how enjoyable a simple list or photograph thrown in the mix can be!

2. This is just wonderful. I totally feel your passion for food. The s’more brownies should probably just be delivered to my doorstep right now… Seriously going to have to look that one up.

Also, I agree with Jamie that the organization here is different and really works for this post. You’ve got your 3 main points and explanations and that’s all you really need.

You got me.