“But Pinterest is My Homework!”

During class I had an idea. A brilliant one, if you ask me.

I struggle to pay attention in class just like anyone else. Flip the laptop open in Econ lecture and I’m gone, lost in a world of tweets and tumbls and OH MY GOSH how cute are those shoes from J. Crew! Before I know it class has ended and I’m glancing up at the final slide, probably looking something like this:

Screen Shot 2013-10-31 at 10.43.43 AM

When I get to the library, I make a promise that I won’t, will not, absolutely can’t go on Netflix or Hulu or Facebook. And then I get frustrated with a paper and say that I just need a little bit of inspiration and suddenly I have 8 tabs open and not one, not a one, holds any relevance for whatever project I’m struggling to complete.

So what was my brilliant idea, you ask? Well, I made one of my most distracting non-homework occupations into an incredibly addicting homework project! For my re-mediating project I am making a Pinterest page. Boom. Win.

I’ll keep you posted on how it’s coming along. A little worried about all my other homework now, considering that I’ve been spending so much time on Pinterest…

Image from: http://raisingchildren.net.au/articles/feelings_-_toddler.html

Katie Koziara

During the school year, I can usually be found doing a few things: studying domestic health policy, working as a student coordinator for the Public Service Intern Program, exploring different restaurants around Ann Arbor, running my regular loop around the Big House, or catching up on one of my many, many favorite television shows.

One thought to ““But Pinterest is My Homework!””

1. This is a really cool idea! I am absolutely obsessed with Pinterest (what girl isn’t?). I love how you’re able to organize things by boards. There are so many photos of cute outfits I see on the web that I want to use as inspiration for my own, but I often forget about them; I love how convenient it is to bookmark images on Pinterest. Sometimes just for fun I scroll through my boards to see what I have saved, ha.

This sounds like a really fun project! I can’t wait to see the final product and follow your pins!