Losing it with John Stamos

Confession: I never really liked Full House. But even though I never was a fan, I still never thought of John Stamos as a separate person from Uncle Jesse, his character on the show.

Things changed a few weeks ago, when I found myself unable to pull away from John Stamos’s new video series, Losing it with John Stamos.  On it, he interviews a bunch of celebrities about how they lost their respective virginities.   It’s hilarious.  There’s no mention in any of the videos what inspired JStam to undergo this investigation, but he looks good, he talks good, and he pulls it off.

Perhaps the strangest aspect of these videos is that every one has, along with the interview where the celeb is telling their story, a sort of puppet show acting it out.  Sometimes it’s barbies, sometimes it’s animated, sometimes it’s muppet-style.  It’s always very, very weird.  Somehow, they pull that off too, and it often makes it even more hilarious/poignant/touching.

For my own personal remediation, I’m considering doing a similar kind of thing, where my story is interspersed with animation or moving imagery in some manner, although probably in a less weird way than this is done.  I’m not very artistic though, so if I can’t pull it off then I might go with a podcast instead, which would also be fun.

Mary Gallagher

I'd like to be good at poetry, short stories, and creative nonfiction, but really I'm here to develop the skills to write about politics and world issues

4 thoughts to “Losing it with John Stamos”

1. Ha! This sounds very very funny. I haven’t even watched one yet but already I’m a fan. I can totally picture you acting scenes out with dolls or something and I think it would be sooooooooo great, and so much fun to watch. Very weird, maybe, but also very exciting/wonderful/funny. Mostly funny. I think the absurdity of it will just make it all the better, especially against the background of your paper, in which you discuss a bunch of stuff in Yorkin that is pretty strange to us “super enlightened” Americans.
    So yeah, I hope you don’t give up on this.