My New Best Friend

I have a new best friend, and her name is Lynda.com. We became close a few days ago when I discovered I had free access to her incredible site just by being a student at the University of Michigan! Oh, the perks of a huge endowment!

Thanks to this remediation assignment and Lynda.com, I learned how to make a Tumblr account. A Tumblr is an interactive blog that allows its users to create individual blogs and post all sorts of digital media relating to anything of interest. Tumblr allows the sharing of pictures, links, videos, audio recordings and more. The most enticing Tumblr pages are those devoted to specific themes. I have spent hours getting lost in the millions of Tumblr pages that exist, each one more aesthetically pleasing than the last.

As I begin to create my own Tumblr page, I am starting to brainstorm the theme I want to hone in on, as well as strategically choose which digital medias I am going to include. I want to create a perfect balance between text and image, between visual and audio features. As fun as it looks, I know this process will require a lot of time and attention to make it just right. I have an important idea to convey and I want to make sure my new media platform appropriately presents my topic!

For a sneak peak at the barely-anything Tumblr I have created… take a look!

http://annajber.tumblr.com

4 thoughts to “My New Best Friend”

1. This is really amazing! I’m someone who just can’t ever get the hang of technology and how to run things like Tumblr. I always just settle and say that’s not for me because there’s no way I could figure it out. But, it looks like Lynda.com could solve all of my problems.

Also, your Tumblr theme is awesome. I love the simplicity and icon you have at the top! The header, “Let’s Call it Tradition” also has me intrigued.

Ps- thanks for sharing lynda.com!

2. I love the style you have picked so far. The simplicity of your tumblr site allows me to focus on the images. I can’t wait to see what your finish product will look like especially with the music that you want to attach to it.

I love tumblr because you can really make it your own. I love that so many images can be incorporated so I would definitely focus on that!

3. What a beautiful song, I’m so excited to hear it incorporated into the tumblr! I think this’ll end up being a really fascinating site, and especially for your family to look at. You’re off to a great start!

4. Your Tumblr looks great so far! I’m so excited to see how it all turns out. I think so far you’re headed in an awesome direction. I loved the pictures you chose, especially the one of your grandparents from their honeymoon. It was so sweet 🙂

I think the music in the background really will bring it to life (is the music already there? Idk because I’m in a quiet place and can’t turn on my sound.)
    But I’m excited that you decided to do this, especially because when I first read your essay it felt like it NEEDED the music playing in the background, like I was waiting to hear it, so I think it’s awesome that we have this remediation opportunity so you can make that happen!
    Good luck 🙂