Repurposing Project Comments

When considering the Repurposing Project, I can definitely say that it is a very interesting task.  Unfortunately, at this point, that is one of the only things I can confidently say about it.  When I handed in my Guerrilla Marketing research paper over a year ago, I thought that I would be finished with it for good.  I never really pondered a way to refocus all my previous research.  I am not saying that I am necessarily having a very hard time coming up with a way to repurpose, but it is definitely not as easy as I had hoped.  I decided to convert my argumentative research paper into a magazine article.  My magazine article is meant to explain guerrilla marketing to to businesses (both small and large), as well as offer them a guide to executing this creative advertising technique.

I think, so far, I have done a good job of converting my research paper into a magazine format.  My research paper served to define guerrilla marketing, and some of its more specific techniques, and explain why it has several advantages over typical types of advertising.  My magazine article is meant to go beyond this by providing a guide to this marketing strategy, and that is where I am struggling.  The research I have already done for this project is quite similar to what I had done for the research paper.  I think that I need to try to expand on my research in some way so that my guide could actually be helpful to readers.  I want my guide to be as accurate and useful as possible, and hopefully I am able to make a breakthrough in my research soon.

One thought to “Repurposing Project Comments”

1. This sounds like a great topic. I want to go into PR or marketing, so I am definitely looking forward to seeing your finished project!
    If you’re still not sure how to make your magazine article more like a guide, have you tried using a non-paragraph format? Personally, I love lists (and I probably overuse them). Turning your research into a list or outline can help you highlight the most important aspects of guerrilla marketing. From there, you can focus your research on how businesses can reach each part and combine them into an effective campaign. Another idea could be to break down examples of great guerrilla marketing campaigns, to show how other businesses have used this strategy effectively. A step-by-step explanation of examples could serve as a guide to readers in itself.