Too Many E-Portfolio Questions

1. What platform do I want to use?

• I really have no idea. There are things I like and don’t like about each of the ones I’ve tried (Weebly, WordPress, Scalar). Do I want the ease of creating a layout on Weebly? Or the greater customization of text I’ve found on WordPress? Or do I want to try something completely different?

2. Do I want a theme?

• Themes are fun. Themes can create consistency between many different types of writing. But, what theme would I choose? Something alliterative with my name? An interest of mine? Can I find a theme that ties my e-portfolio together without seeming forced or like I’m trying too hard?
  •  If I choose a fun theme, can my portfolio still be professional? I definitely want it to be professional.

3. Will I ever make a decision?

• I’m horribly indecisive (I think I’ve come to class everyday with a new angle for my repurposing project) and there are a lot of design choices. Possibly too many design choices. I think I’ll just keep procrastinating until the deadline gets closer.

One thought to “Too Many E-Portfolio Questions”

1. **Snaps to you**

I feel the exact same way. I’m really excited to make it, but I am TERRIBLE at making decisions and I’m dreading the time where I have to just pick something and go with it. My biggest hurdle right now is choosing a theme and still maintaining a really professional look — where is the balance? What if I change my mind halfway through creating the page and have to start all over? What if people find my portfolio too boring, or too unprofessional? So many questions!

I’m sure it’ll all work out in the end, but for now I think I’ll just stick it out and procrastinate too — what’s out of sight is out of mind…