Yeah….I Like to Talk

So, I decided to make a podcast to explain the process of making a podcast (so self-reflexive, I know). I used the podcast program in GarageBand, and it took some time to learn where all of the controls were. Lucky for me, LYNDA EXISTS…and she explained it all, or mostly so anyway. I think that just playing around with the program’s different settings myself was just as important though. I’m familiar with sound mixing with music and creating voiceovers for videos, but this was a whole new world– resist the urge to break into song here btw.

I thought that making the introduction with the sound effects and music was actually the most fun part, but I also enjoy the fact that in a podcast, you can use a conversational tone and improvise all you like!

P.s. The music in it really has nothing to do with my project, I just like the song a lot! Click Below to Listen!

Podcast YAY!

Hillary Crawford

Let's start with the basics- I am a third year honors political science major here at the university, with a minor in Writing (obviously, right?) and Global Media Studies (have to fit in those film classes). Until this summer, I was basically clueless as to what I wanted to pursue. "Grown-ups" always asked what I wanted to do with a political science degree. Simultaneously, fellow students around me declared they had finally found their destined direction in life. Well, all of these comments just made me wish that I had a set goal, that I knew what I wanted to do in the foreseeable future. But I didn't. After I came to terms with the beauty of keeping my options open while continuing to learn about a broad spectrum of topics, my lightbulb finally went off. Oh, the irony. Long story short, I think I want to be a journalist. But like everything in life, this is always subject to change.

3 thoughts to “Yeah….I Like to Talk”

1. And I think it’s necessary to add this comment- When you open up the link to the podcast, you will see a strange animal as the album cover. I just thought the picture was hilarious and I needed album artwork. There is really no significance other than that.

2. This is great! So glad you were able to figure it out, garage band has been a struggle for me for years (literally) but it’s wonderful once you can use it. I’m impressed you realized the tone you can use since every time I happen to record myself for a project I never sound like I imagine I do!
    Good job

3. Wow, that is impressive! Really cool demonstration of how you were able to learn a new technology and basically master it! Everything in your podcast is awesome, and you are spot on when you said that the music helps in the intro. It really makes it sound like a professional podcast (p.s. nice job with that sound mixing).