Christmas guys. I’m obsessed.
I think I have mentioned before my affinity for jazz music as background to my writing, so obviously I was so excited to find this playlist on 8tracks. Jazz+Christmas=One Happy Writer.
Sometimes when I am listening to this, though, I get a little sidetracked thinking about the holidays (Bah Humbug to all who read this and don’t think that the season starts until after Thanksgiving). I love so many things about the holiday season, but a lot of them include taking a break from academic writing and really enjoying the writing process.
Writing During the Holidays
- Catching up on reading (all of those novels and magazines and blogs that have been on the back burner during school)
- Keeping a gratitude journal during the holidays of all of the things I am thankful for
- Checking things off of the ridiculously long “To Do Over Christmas Break” list
- Journaling with a cup of cocoa in your pajamas while watching the snow fall
- Scrapbooking events and memories from the year
- Making New Year’s Resolutions
How do you all write during the holidays?