An Introduction To My E-Portfolio

My Introduction So Far:

de·vel·op·ment

noun (di-ˈve-ləp-mənt)

1. The act or process of growing or causing something to grow or become larger or more advanced

I am constantly working to develop different aspects of my life. I want to grow on a personal and professional level. I want to advance my knowledge of policy and fundraising. I want to create a space where all of this development is displayed.

2. The act or process of creating something over a period of time

This e-portfolio will show you how I have been advancing my policy skills through an exploration of my studies at the Gerald R. Ford School of Public Policy. Professionally, I have grown and continue to grow through internship experiences. Personally, I throw myself outside of my comfort zone and accomplish my goals, a process that is documented through blogging. My work with MUSIC Matters as one of the fundraising and development chairs appears in this e-portfolio as well.

3. The state of being created or made more advanced

Over time, I have undergone the process of creating myself as a writer, and this e-portfolio provides the evidence of my development: writing samples that were created over time to advance me toward my best self.

What Will Be On the Site:

On this site I want to feature work from my public policy degree, work from the writing minor, stories from my internship, my personal writing, and some of the writing I have done with a club here at the University.

Best Moments:

I created a journal for my public health writing that I’m pretty proud of. It took a lot of time and I ended up not being able to embed it into my e-portfolio but I do think it is something that differentiates my portfolio. I also worked really hard on the header and I feel like it reflects me, my writing, and my goals for the e-portfolio.

Worst Moments:

Adding in all of the artifacts can be a difficult process sometimes. Also, if you have read any of my blogs, you know about my love-hate relationship with WordPress. Sometimes the ideas in my head just aren’t achievable with this platform. Lastly, I am sometimes finding it horrifying to read over my writing from freshman and (eep!) sophomore year… I can definitely tell that I have grown as a writer!

Katie Koziara

During the school year, I can usually be found doing a few things: studying domestic health policy, working as a student coordinator for the Public Service Intern Program, exploring different restaurants around Ann Arbor, running my regular loop around the Big House, or catching up on one of my many, many favorite television shows.

5 thoughts to “An Introduction To My E-Portfolio”

1. This is really creative. I like how you applied each different definition to your life, and how you will “develop” your eportfolio. I think the fact that you are incorporating your experiences in public health is a really unique way to tell others a story about who you truly are. Your understanding of the word development really comes through here, and offers three different perspectives on yourself in general and yourself as a writer.

2. At first I thought the definition thing was a little cheesy, but now that I see what you’ve done with your expansion of the definition, I think it works really well as a theme for your portfolio. Great job, and can’t wait to see what it ends up looking like!

3. Hey Katie! First of all, I really like the format of this post and how you incorporate the actual definition with how you want to define development. It shows the thought that you have put into this assignment and how the development of the piece will speak for itself. I touch on a similar thing in my portfolio. I believe more emphasis should be placed on the steps taken to get somewhere, and that is exactly what you are saying here in your blog. The evolution of this portfolio speaks volumes about you wanting to create yourself as a writer! Nice work…I can’t wait to see the final product!

4. Like the others have mentioned, I really like how your introduction is super unique and different! It definitely draws the reader in. I like how ambitious you are and how you’re including many more additional pieces than the project requires. It’ll definitely help the reader understand you as a person and writer much more fully than if we had only one additional writing piece. Good luck, I look forward to your final portfolio!

5. Nice organization! Very straightforward both in this post AND on your eportfolio! Also policy is my main love so I’m totally looking forward to looking through your policy writing online not to be creepy or anything