E-Portfolio Updates

Though I haven’t spent much time lately on my e-portfolio, I just uploaded all of the pieces of work that I’m using and feel relieved that part is over.  I absolutely love spending time on the creative aspects and design of the entire site, but it’s getting down to the nitty gritty and I have to get a start on my reflective writing and finalizing my theme for the e-portfolio.

Screenshot of E-Portfolio
My E-Portfolio’s Front Page

When I began working on this page, I was convinced that I didn’t want to have a theme going on.  They just seemed too cheesy and overdone, so I was really against trying it out.  However, after looking at different past e-portfolios in class and talking with others, I definitely have a different opinion.  I guess what I was really against was some sort of metaphor that would drive my website.  However, lately I’ve been considering using either “exploration” or “snapshot/scrapbook” to cohesively bring my e-portfolio together.  I really want my e-portfolio to be a reflective yet professional medium that I could show prospective employers or just my family and friends.  I’ve found while looking through the different pieces I am choosing to include that I have grown so much while at UM, and am proud of how I’m progressing and learning to write in different ways.  I’ve been enjoying the act of exploring different mediums, styles, etc.  At the same time, I feel like my writing is very personal, and a lot of it centers on different snapshots of my time in college, moments with my family, and other episodes that I am enjoying reflecting on.  So as you can see, I’m trying to find a happy medium in my reflective writing and e-portfolio theme between exploration and scrapbook… and I haven’t completely figured it out yet.

As for the writing parts, I just have to say that it was a pain to upload the different documents into my Wix e-portfolio.  I forgot that they had to be in PDF format, so I opened all of my documents and saved them as PDFs one by one, which took some time.  Then my computer died and I forgot my charger at my aunt’s house, so I lost some of the work I had uploaded to the website… yeah, it was a fun afternoon.

Here’s a link to my e-portfolio:  http://alyssalo.wix.com/alyssalopez

I’m still working out a good amount of kinks and haven’t uploaded any reflective writing yet, but if you have any questions let me know!

Happy writing!

5 thoughts to “E-Portfolio Updates”

1. Hey Alyssa! I agree that I want to be able to take this portfolio with me to interviews and have it be an all-encompassing reference of all my work and experience that has resulted here from my time at the University of Michigan. I took a look at your blog and I must say, it is coming along so well! At first, the color scale seems grayscale, and then as you scroll and move from page to page, little highlights of color peek through. I think this element of your theme will keep your readers hooked. I also really enjoyed the few pictures you shared. You learn a lot about a person and what they care about through their pictures and environments and it is a great way to make your portfolio instantly personal! Keep going, this is going to be awesome!

2. I really like you’re idea of having a scrapbook type blog. I’m trying to incorporate multimedia into my blog, and that might be a nice way to do it. I’m looking forward to seeing the final product!

3. Your portfolio is very relaxing, I love the fadey transitions in between pages! I know that seems unimportant but it’s the little stuff like that that really sets your portfolio apart. I feel exactly the same pull between personal/professional for this project, but it looks like you’re on the right track!

4. Your cover photo is so cute! This portfolio is really visual, which I really enjoy. There is a nice balance of professional work as well as your personality. Keep up the good work!