Footnotes #TechChallenge2

Many of the pieces I am uploading to my ePortfolio in addition to the ones we’ve done fore this class are academic research-based pieces so my challenge was to incorporate them in a way that wasn’t obnoxiously inconvenient OR in your face. As much as I would love to leave out the footnotes altogether, I don’t really want to be called out on plagiarism… I really like how Margot incorporated hers as a column on the side so I decided to give that a try (thanks for the idea!).

W

I lined each footnote up with the paragraph it comes from; doing that was a nice way to separate the long list of footnotes and make it easier for the reader to find the footnote they’re looking. I don’t really like the empty space next to the introduction (you can’t see it in the screenshot) because the footnotes don’t start until the second paragraph, but I don’t see how that can be avoided because I want to keep the footnotes in line with their corresponding paragraph. It just looks a little weird because when you first arrive at the page (before you start scrolling), you can’t see the footnotes of the first paragraph so the text just looks like it’s off-center. Not sure if I’m going to leave it like that, but I guess we’ll see when I work on it a bit more this upcoming weekend. I also made the footnotes text smaller than the text of the paper just so that the reader  can see right away that the second column isn’t a continuation of the main text.

I’m going to try this format with the other papers and see if it works well for all of them.

Let me know if you guys like/dislike it or have any suggestions!