Jumping Off the Deep End

I started a blog. I am both extremely nervous and extremely excited.

Screen Shot 2013-11-07 at 11.35.42 PM

The blog focuses on my list of 101 things that I want to accomplish in 1001 days. I created the list a few months ago, and my end date is about 9 months after graduation. Things on the list include running a half marathon, reading all of Jane Austen’s novels, getting a job, and smaller tasks like sending notes to mentors and taking a spin class.

Fears: 

Will I keep it up long term or will I lose interest and disappoint myself?

Will anyone care?

Do I care if anyone reads it besides myself?

Is it worth my while?

How will I feel looking back at this in a few years?

Am I comfortable going outside my comfort zone?

What if I don’t accomplish everything? Does that make me a failure?

Do I have time for this?

Excitements:

It’s a creative space that is all my own.

It will make me work towards my goals and see all of my progress.

I’ll have to jump out of my comfort zone a lot (positive and negative!).

I can learn more about WordPress in the process.

It will force me to write a little bit each week.

I can have so many amazing experiences if I follow my list.

For now, I am keeping the blog private, but I plan on linking it to my e-Portfolio and sharing it with you all by the end of the semester – eep!

Does anyone else have a blog or am I totally alone here?

Katie Koziara

During the school year, I can usually be found doing a few things: studying domestic health policy, working as a student coordinator for the Public Service Intern Program, exploring different restaurants around Ann Arbor, running my regular loop around the Big House, or catching up on one of my many, many favorite television shows.

2 thoughts to “Jumping Off the Deep End”

1. That sounds awesome! I think having such a tangible focus, with a set number of items and a deadline (plus a whole blog) will give you lots of incentive to get things moving. I know I have a habit of setting vague goals but tend to drop off without some sort of deadline.. I’m excited to see it at the end of the semester! Hopefully it helps with all your WordPress struggles too 🙂

1. Thanks! It’s been hard to find time to get any of this stuff done with end of the year projects, finals, and papers piling up but I’m hoping to get a jump start over the holidays. I was surprised at how easy it was to create this site after all of the WordPress experience I’ve gained in this class, yeah I am hoping that it helps me figure out this e-portfolio as well haha!