Me

What my readers already know about me would be the first question I would ask when looking at the prompt for this week.  I’m not really sure what readers would know about me from reading any of my pieces other than my “why I write” essay which gives some background into my life.

I guess one thing my readers might not know about me from my reading is I’m a straightforward person.  I like to have things laid out in a logical way, no b.s., just succinct and to the point.  My writing for classes doesn’t really allow me to be this way because many assignments require a minimum length.

Another thing my readers might not know about me is that I am a linguistics major.  This would explain my subject choice for my repurposing and remediation projects even though I didn’t get to show my linguistic knowledge in those.  In my major is where most of my writing happens and  that is what has helped to shape my college writing up until this point.

Blake Bambach

I am a senior linguistics major a University of Michigan. I am on the sailing team and a part of a fraternity. I enjoy reading more journalistic type writing mostly and enjoy technical writing.

2 thoughts to “Me”

1. I liked my linguistics class I took this one time- thats so cool it’s your major! Maybe you could look to see if picking that major has actually influenced who you are in college, that could come through subconsciously in your writing. I also liked your point about being straight to the point, and you’re right about how page length can get in the way of how you want to say things. I hope in the future assignments can be more free flowing to fit what you would like to say and how!

2. That’s so cool that you want to be a linguistics major! I’ve always been intrigued what you can do with it and i’m interested where you will take it. I definitely understand the whole constraints of a paper thing– it’s kinda like the whole battle of “let me write what I want to write”. Being straightforward is also very admirable. When I get nervous, I tend to mosey around the actually issue rather than getting to the point and that’s something I need to work on. Are creative writing pieces hard to do for you because they kinda add “filler words”?