Portfolio

I want my portfolio to highlight how my writing has developed over the semester, mostly between my repurposing project and my remediation.   I’m not quite sure how I’m to do that yet but hopefully it will work out.  I think my context paper being used as an introduction to my portfolio may help do this because it talks about how I am a straightforward person, which I think I’m going to be able to show between the projects.

One thing that I am excited to put in my portfolio is links to all of my blog post.  I think this will show how my writing has changed from week to week and will give readers of my portfolio a better idea of who I am.

One thing that I am still trying to figure out is how I actually want to present my project in the portfolio.  I do not want to just make tabs for them and just kind of say “here they are.”   I especially do not know how I am going to present my remediation project because it might just consist of a link.

Blake Bambach

I am a senior linguistics major a University of Michigan. I am on the sailing team and a part of a fraternity. I enjoy reading more journalistic type writing mostly and enjoy technical writing.

4 thoughts to “Portfolio”

1. It sounds like you have a good start and know how you will focus your portfolio. Even though you haven’t worked out a lot of the specifics, it’s good that you know what you DON’T want, because now you have a way to sort through all the possibilities until you find what you DO want!

As for your remediation project, I’m assuming it’s a website you would link to? If this is correct, you could add screenshots of it to your portfolio, along with the link?

2. Blake,

I think it’s a good idea to add some of your blog posts to the e-Portfolio site. I think the blog posts are totally underrated. They’re short and sweet, and I want to write more of them to incorporate into my portfolio too.

Also, I get where you’re coming from with adding the remediation to your portfolio. I’m not really sure the best way to add mine either. Mine is a hand-drawn magazine cover, so I’ll have to play around with cool ways to showcase it digitally.

3. I think you have a lot of good ideas here! It seems that organization and presentation are your biggest struggles. What is your remediation project? Is there any visually appealing way to display it other than a link?

I really like the idea of including your blog posts. I think blog posts are very on the spot kind of pieces in terms of writing and they really give a sense of the type of writers that we are. They allow freedom, and allow us to write in a stream-of-consciousness type of way. Blog posts will add authenticity to your eportfolio on the whole.

Good luck!

4. I think it’s really exciting that you want to link to your blog, which is something that hadn’t even occurred to me!
    For your remediation, if it is a link you should have a screenshot of an aspect of it that you really like and just have that image link to your page. There are lots of really creative ways to do stuff like this so I would say just take a look around on the web. Often we don’t realize how many different ways there are to present your material!