Story by Infographics

I guess I had never thought of infographics as writing until Margot started exploring the option for her re-mediation project. My friend Crystal sent me this the other day in the library, and I am really enjoying how much power these images can have as well as how much humor they can bring.

These images were created by Yang Liu, a Chinese artist who moved to Germany at age 14. These are supposed to represent differences between Germans (in blue) and the Chinese (in red).

Some Humor

Traveling and recording memories
Traveling and recording memories
Perception: How Germans and the Chinese see one another

Some Insight

The individual ego
The individual ego
Interactions at parties
Interactions at parties

This definitely got me thinking about not only the power of photos, paintings, and images, but also the types of stories that infographics can tell. You can see more of Yang Liu’s work here.

Katie Koziara

During the school year, I can usually be found doing a few things: studying domestic health policy, working as a student coordinator for the Public Service Intern Program, exploring different restaurants around Ann Arbor, running my regular loop around the Big House, or catching up on one of my many, many favorite television shows.

One thought to “Story by Infographics”

1. Oh hey! These are awesome! I took a history of photography class last semester and it was the first time I’d appreciated the whole “picture can say a thousand words” cliche. It’s crazy how many words we’d use trying to craft exactly the same message these pictures so simply illustrate.