Blogging Persona

At the very beginning of the semester, I was brand new to blogging.  It was something I had never done before, and I was admittedly skeptical about whether or not I would enjoy it.  I have said earlier that I am much more used to doing formal writing, so at first, I was unsure what sort of writing style to use in my blogs.  I didn’t know how personal I should be or how structured my blogs had to be.  As I continued to post, however, things became much easier and I began to feel much more comfortable sharing with my peers.  That whole idea of directly sharing with so many other students was also very new to me, and I didn’t know what to think about it at the beginning.  This was the first time I that I knew when I clicked “Publish” my writing would be on display for so many others to see.  This definitely made me nervous and even more unsure of what kind of writing my blogs should consist of.

I think it really helped me to read other students’ blogs, as well as their comments on my own blogs.  It helped me realize that the whole blogging world, at least as far as I’m concerned, is all about communication.  I saw how other students loved to share what they were going through on a certain subject, even if they were struggling.  This notion really hit home when I read some comments from students offering me suggestions for my own issues.  Now, I see blogging not as a tedious task, but as something that could be very helpful and even sometimes therapeutic.  For some reason, I find it much easier to write about what I’m struggling with than to talk about it.  This blog gives me the perfect forum to do so, and even provides me with potential aid in the form of my fellow students