done! (mostly)

I don’t know how but I’ve seriously underutilized gifs in my blog posts. I guess it comes down to the whole gradual comfort thing, somehow thinking they might not be appreciated here…yeah, I’m not sure what I was thinking either. So, my thoughts towards my portfolio, starting from the beginning, in the language of Leslie Knope’s expressions (my bad if you don’t watch Parks and Rec):

How I felt (all gifs found here) when we got the assignment and I decided to play around with HTML for my portfolio:

Leslie Knope of Parks and Rec doing Rocky moves

Realizing the scary amount of resources and not knowing what I was doing at all, and the reality that slapped me in the face this weekend at the state of my portfolio (and my roommate seeing it and telling me “That looks so boring”):

Leslie Knope with a giant slurpee cup on her face

Throughout this weekend, rearranging and writing and of course, our favorite, revision (occasionally taking a break to study for databases and computer organization):

leslie knope saying "everything hurts and i'm dying"

Today, accepting that my portfolio will be a work in progress, and actually feeling pretty alright about the whole thing:

leslie knope smiling
In case you can’t tell, in my future life I aim to be Leslie Knope

Thanks for all your advice, comments,  words of encouragement, and sympathy in all our shared struggles. If you feel like poking around my portfolio you can check it out here!

Margot Kriete

Hi! My name's Margot. I study computer science, have super long arms, never skip breakfast, and will probably become a German shepherd lady (as opposed to those "cat ladies") when I grow up. I like to cook, read, run, change my mind, and write.

2 thoughts to “done! (mostly)”

1. I just checked out your ePortfolio and I really like it! I think your use of simplicity and basic colors with a fun font really translate well visually. Definitely far from boring in my eyes!

Also, this is one of my favorite blog posts this semester. GIFs are little pieces of internet gold sent from the El Dorado of digitization. Thank you for including them and making your eportfolio blog post enjoyable to read. I especially love that you chose to incorporate the next president of the United States (Amy Poehler).

2. Thanks on both counts!
    I kind of wish that from the start of this class I had established a recurring theme of just including Leslie (and maybe the occasional Ron or Donna) gifs in every one of my posts. She’s just so motivating.