Eportfolio Final Reflection

The whole process of creating this eportfolio throughout the semester has been a very long and arduous process, but ultimately an educational and satisfying one as well.  When we were first given this assignment at the beginning of the semester, I was reluctant to begin working on it because I had never done something like this before and I am far from tech savvy.  I thought the idea of creating my very own website was a daunting task.  What I came to realize, however, was that creating my very own website would actually be a fun, interactive, and ultimately fulfilling endeavor

At the beginning, I definitely struggled with formulating and organizing my portfolio.  In fact, after a few weeks of unsuccessfully working with WordPress, I decided to switch to Wix and start from scratch.  I liked working with Wix much more than I did with WordPress, but I still had trouble turning my page into what I had envisioned for my eportfolio.  I think meeting with my peers, seeing the progress they had been making on their own pages, and swapping strategies and ideas really helped me to develop my page and fine tune it to my final result.  I am really happy with my final product.  I honestly did not realize, until now, how satisfying it is to create something like that your own that so many people are going to see.  Yes, that same fact is also a little nerve-racking, but I am proud of my portfolio, and proud of all the work I posted.  I am looking forward to hearing any and all feedback.

One thought to “Eportfolio Final Reflection”

1. I really liked working with you and sarah and seeing what you guys were doing for your portfolio. I don’t think I ever would have figured out the slide show picture thing for the essays and that really helped me for the why I write. And I totally agree with people seeing the completed work because it does make me nervous. But I am also glad that its not being graded like a history essay