Remediation Project Storyboard Transformed

Storyboard

Screen shot 2013-12-03 at 11.23.02 AM

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Despite its blandness, my Remediation Project storyboard ended up becoming a helpful tool in completion of my New Yorker magazine cover final Remediation Project. I began my storyboard as a skeptic of my project’s potential. Although I had several ideas for the top floor and a few for the basement scene, I was really worried that my final product would inevitably turn out looking cluttered if I included everything. This translated itself visibly in my storyboard, pictured above. It has elements that I liked and that I ended up incorporating into my final product, but I knew it didn’t have every piece it needed in order to make the same argument as my Repurposing piece. The storyboard ended up becoming really helpful after I received feedback for the piece’s first draft. Prior to turning in the draft, I drew out as much of the piece as I could, leaving out the basement scene until I had time to think it over and discuss it. The feedback I received really helped me decide on a way that I could incorporate every element I needed into the basement scene – Naomi mentioned using inspiration from a few Diego Rivera pieces, which I did. I think without the storyboard, I would have jumped into composing the basement scene in my final project too soon, without thinking through it thoroughly. Seeing the way that it looked in a storyboard form first really enhanced my ability to receive feedback and also to find places where I could tweak my original ideas.

Leave a Reply