Unconventional Writing: Pop Danthology

I’ve been thinking a lot about different types of collaborative writing. I think to qualify as writing, there has to be some intention as to why things are placed with each other. Just because a bunch of images are thrown together doesn’t really mean it has purpose or anything. ¬†Things like Tumblr and Pinterest make it easy to paste fun photos together, but I don’t really consider my personal Pinterest page writing of any kind.

This, however, is genius.

There are so many songs playing simultaneously and I can’t imagine how much time it would take to splice them all together, but this compilation of all of the great songs from this year is really well done in my opinion. Bravo, Pop Danthology.

WARNING: You might start bopping around in your library chair and people will begin to stare. Not speaking from experience or anything…

Katie Koziara

During the school year, I can usually be found doing a few things: studying domestic health policy, working as a student coordinator for the Public Service Intern Program, exploring different restaurants around Ann Arbor, running my regular loop around the Big House, or catching up on one of my many, many favorite television shows.

One thought to “Unconventional Writing: Pop Danthology”

1. This question of what qualifies as writing is something I’ve been thinking about a lot this semester too. This course pushes us out of our comfort zone and allows us to explore new types of writing, but it also has made me wonder where we draw the line? I used to simply think writing uses text, but clearly this isn’t the case after many of our remediating projects. Maybe writing is defined as any sort of composition or argument? I wouldn’t classify pinterest or tumblr writing either, but then again my pinterest boards are organized by theme, the images are put together for a reason, and they absolutely have an argument. Does this make pinterest writing? Now I’m confusing myself thinking about it..I think I’ll just watch that music video instead..