Who am I as a blogger?

What is my blogging persona?

This question is way too ambiguous to even get into with any real depth but I’m going to try really hard and give that answer that everyone hates: it depends!

In some forums, like this one, I am very self-contemplative. I like to go over the small aspects of my everyday experiences and pick them apart to understand them. I am introspective and take great lengths and energy to understand myself in the context of others. I began the semester thinking that everything that I write about should be important and influential; that I accomplish nothing unless I try to change the world.

Blogging in this class, in a very informal setting has made me much more comfortable with breaking out of my self-important haze. It has made me understand that I don’t have to me the most interesting person with the most interesting ideas talking to the world at this moment. I just have to be true to myself and what I want out of my writing. If I want to write about the world, but blogging shows me that I don’t have to confine myself to any one area.

This means that as a blogger, I’m free from the confines of serious writing. I still love to talk about social justice, and I would argue that the blog is totally an appropriate place for that, but it is so much more versatile than other forms of writing.