Not Quite An Author Bio

The Author: Breanna Dey
The Author: Breanna Dey

Breanna Dey is a sister, a daughter, a girlfriend, a cousin, a friend, a student, a stylist, a smiler, a hummer, a dreamer, and a hopeless romantic. She is not a cook, a cleaner, a shopper, an artist, a poet, or a pessimist. She aspires to write words that make people feel deeply, and to avoid the comma splice and boring author bios. She lives in Ann Arbor, but she hopes to live all over the world. Someday she will.

2 thoughts to “Not Quite An Author Bio”

1. Hi Breanna!

I really loved your use of lists in this bio. They worked in a very matter-of-fact way that was unique and enjoyable. I think your image worked as well, especially with your last line. You seem very determined and personable!

Good job!

Caroline

2. I also thought that your use of lists was great– I really got a picture of you and your personality (I particularly like that you made a list of what you are, and then what you’re not. Very effective!). One little moment I liked was that you aspire to avoid the comma splice, and of course, boring author bios. Your ending also felt like an ending, which wrapped it up nicely! Good job!