Well, at least 400 people on Twitter care what I write about…

Ally Malone is a full-time student at the University of Michigan and part-time cookie slave. Her biggest achievements in writing thus far include: having a poem she wrote about a penny displayed in her local library when she was in elementary school and a twitter account that boasts upwards of 19,000 tweets. While great triumphs like these may be hard to top, she is optimistic that her writing will soar to new heights. She currently resides in Ann Arbor, Michigan in a house with eleven other girls. Yes, you read that right, eleven.

2 thoughts to “Well, at least 400 people on Twitter care what I write about…”

1. As soon as I read the title of your bio, I was hooked. I could tell it was going to be good. And I was not disappointed. “Cookie slave” got me pretty good and the fact that you live with eleven other girls gave this piece a unique coloring that gave readers a good sense of your personality. While the bio is funny, it also gave me a sense that you are serious about your writing as well such as when you mention that “she is optimistic that her writing will soar to new heights.” The combination of humor and seriousness was what brought it all together for me. Well done, Ally!

2. Samantha, great bio! As a member of the other half of the Winter 2014 Gateway group, I’ve really enjoyed reading all of your introductions. I really liked the way you end your piece; it’s as if you were anticipating my double take and were ready with a quick reassurance that yes, you’re ambitious enough to live with eleven other girls. As a reader, it was awesome for you as a writer to anticipate my reaction. I also liked how your sarcasm worked together with your humor to give me the sense that you don’t take yourself too seriously and that you definitely love to write.