my project

Here is an example of what it will look like: http://oralhistoriesbykelli.wordpress.com

For my Capstone Project I would like to do something that is going to combine and include what the minor and writing has taught me along with my minor in women studies.  I want to do something that is more than just a project that I’m only doing because I have to. I want to do something that I will continue to look back on and continue to add too, something that will continue to be apart of me.

For this project I will use my reflective, argumentative, and multimedia skills by conducting a series of videotaped interviews of an older generation (my grandpa and great aunt) reflecting on the past and present. Not just any interviews but oral history interviews on the topic of life experiences. I will use the interview to argue and analyze using historical research and evidence. This may also be significant to people interested in history in general or black history specifically.

I have already made a website for them and everything. I hope to learn a lot more about my family history and what it was like for them being black in the south and transitioning to the north. I will then present the project in the form of a webpage, as I will add the interviews, bios, and transcriptions to my oral history webpage.

3 thoughts to “my project”

1. I think this is a great opportunity for you to learn more about your family history. I’m interested to see how you will incorporate academic research on oral testimony into your project! Is there certain literature from past courses you’ve taken that you think you’ll reference?

2. This sounds so interesting, Kelli! I think it’s awesome that you’re trying to create something that you can look back on later and add too as well. Do you have any idea what you’ll be arguing for/against yet? Or are you waiting to hear what is said in your interviews? I’m looking forward to this project!

3. This is a great start! I think you did a good job of combining this opportunity with an opportunity you have always thought about taking. Are your questions going to be the same for each interviewee? Or, are you going to change the questions if it fits your argument better? I am interested in the final outcome – good luck!