Staying Motivated

I have definitely found that having at least a somewhat thorough and specific production plan is very helpful.  It has forced me to stay organized and motivated.  It has also allowed me to clearly see the various tasks and research that I need to do in order to make my project a success.  Even though I haven’t followed my production plan exactly as I created it – I have deviated in terms of the order in which I have done things – it has definitely pushed me to be proactive and gradually chip away at all of the things I need to do.  Although I have not followed the exact order of my plan, I’m actually kind of happy about that.  It has made me realize that there is truly no way to predict the exact path or progression that your project will take.  I think there will always be both unforeseen hurdles and opportunities.  For instance, when I created my production plan, I did not know that I would be spending this weekend at home in New York.  Therefore, I had no idea that this would be the perfect time to conduct a face-to-face interview with my camp director, who’s office is ten minutes from my house.  That being said, I’d definitely encourage everyone to create a pretty clear plan of what they intend on doing to complete their project, but do not be hesitant of deviating from your plan as you you see fit.  Rather, always be in tune with your plan and alert to different situations that may arise.  If you are able to do that, I think that various twists and progressions to your project will occur naturally.

One thought to “Staying Motivated”

1. Benjjjj,

This is very helpful advice! I think you are definitely right that having some form of structured production plan to use as a guideline and keep us on track is necessary. But I also think it is important to accept the fact that there are definitely going to be circumstances that affect it along the way, and we should go into our production aware of this and ready to adjust and adapt the plan continuously throughout the process.