Top Ten Reading List #topten

I’m a reader. I’m more of a reader than a writer. So to whittle this list down to ten of my favorite, most influential books was next to impossible. I cheated a little bit and made some of my rankings about a series, not just one book. Obviously Harry needed to go first (anyone who has heard me talk in class or read my portfolio would be shocked if I said anything else!) but the rest are a mix of books from past and present that I am deeply indebted to. The plots, the characters, the messages–all of these books have impacted me in one way or another and I’m excited to share mine with you as well as to read your lists!!

1. Harry Potter series: J.K. Rowling

2. Enders Game and Enders Shadow: Orson Scott Card

3. The Giver: Lois Lowry

4. Number The Stars: Lois Lowry

5. Game of Thrones series: George R.R. Martin

6. A Lesson Before Dying: Ernest J. Gaines

7. Life of Pi: Yann Martel

8. Sherlock Holmes: Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

9. To Kill a Mockingbird: Harper Lee

10. Kenny and The Little Kickers: Claduio Marzollo

2 thoughts to “Top Ten Reading List #topten”

1. Hey Mark!

These are some classics that you have complied. The only book that I read was “To Kill a Mockingbird”! I know right. Shocker. I have the entire Harry Potter series, but I have only read like one book. I have seen a couple of the movies. I honestly just need to start over and read the series and watch all the movies in its entirety. I going to choose a couple of books that you recommend and read a couple of them. Thank you for the suggestions! =)

2. Hi Mark! Haha reading your intro made me laugh because I can actually picture you sitting at your computer stressing out so much about making this list. I know how much you love to read (especially Harry, obvs) so this must have been tough. I actually have not read the majority of books on your list, so thank you for sharing! I have always wanted to read Enders games and Game of Thrones and Sherlock Holmes. I am definitely going to add some of these to my list!