Wags to Riches: Stories of Shelter Animals

So, it’s taken me four years, but I’ve finally started a blog that I’m passionate about: Wags to Riches.

I’ve tried to start a blog pretty much every year since I started college, but I never got anywhere. I never knew what to blog about: books? current issues? travel? All of them didn’t seem to fit me well enough. But after volunteering at two animal shelters for the past year and a half, I’ve found something that I love just as much as writing: shelter animals (and all other animals, too, of course).

Here's the opening page!
Here’s the opening page!

My blog is still taking its baby steps, but it’s growing. I’d love to reach more people and have more feedback, so I’ve posted the link here. Where better to get opinions than from a minor filled with writers?!

Actually, though, I’d love more eyes on my writing and the ability to educate more people about animal rescue, animal shelters, and animal rights. Sure, maybe only one or two of you will click and follow my blog. But maybe you’ll pass it on to people who are also in love with animals, and I’ll be able to change the way people see a lot of myths and rumors about animal shelters. It might take awhile to get my message out there, but even so, I’ll always enjoy writing about my passion.

Kaitlin Schuler

Hey all! I'm a 20 year old female from the southern suburbs of Chicago. I've been in love with books since I was a babe in swaddling clothes, and that has been the one constant relationship in my life. I also love hot chocolate, hockey, hot dogs, and hoe-downs. Well...maybe not the last one. Though I've never been, so that could change! Keep up with my posts and learn more about this hockey-loving, hot chocolate-drinking girl.