Established in 1993

Wordpress Size
Colonia, Uruguay

Logan Hansen was born in Manistee, Michigan, a small rural town in the upper part of the state’s lower peninsula. His first published work – a short poem entitled Grasslands – appeared in the Anthology of Poetry by Young Americans when he was a fifth grade student at Manistee Catholic Central. Thereafter, he focused his efforts on numerous short stories of the creative fiction variety, of which he has amassed a healthy collection. A sampling of Hansen’s favorite words include “vivacious,” “indubitably,” “razzmatazz,” “perspicacity,” and “kumquat,” among many, many others. Currently, he attends the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, where he studies the intricacies of the psychological sciences, as well as the craft of writing. When not on the academic clock, Hansen spends his time in Northern Michigan, soaking up the sun along the beautiful shores of the greatest of the Great Lakes – Lake Michigan.

2 thoughts to “Established in 1993”

1. Hi Logan. I liked reading your writer’s bio. One part that stood out to me was when you listed your favorite words. When you wrote “razzmatazz” the thing that came to mind immediately was one of the smoothies at Jamba Juice. Is that what you are referring to? Anyway, I feel like your bio helped me get to know you better. Where was the picture taken?
    -Hannah

1. Thanks, Hannah. I actually have never been to Jamba Juice, nor do I know where it is. So I guess that’s just mere coincidence. I have the Dictionary.com app on my phone and I keep tabs on words I like so I can implement them in writing. “Razzmatazz” just happens to be one of them.

The picture was taken in Colonia, Uruguay, during my study abroad trip this past spring. I realize it doesn’t have any particular meaning as far as my bio is concerned, but it seemed an appropriate enough image. I’ll have to add a caption.