Just A Glimpse

Nina Steinberg was born and raised in New York City. She is a passionate traveler and enjoys immersing herself in different cultures. She is the photographer and writer behind Humans of Ethiopia. She is a business major at the University of Michigan, is pursuing a minor in writing, and is involved in psychology research. She is addicted to gum, loves chocolate, coffee, dogs, pigs, and elephants. Camel in Jordan

2 thoughts to “Just A Glimpse”

1. I truly enjoyed your post, Nina. I loved that your picture encompassed multiple things that you mentioned about yourself. It was great to read about your love of traveling and immersing yourself in other cultures, but I really felt that I had a better understanding of that because of this picture. I am not sure if it was intentional, but I thought it was interesting that you listed animals you love, but the picture you chose represented an animal that is completely different from the ones that are listed.

2. Nina, I thought you did a great job with your writer’s bio. You include a lot of details that reflect on your personal awareness of culture and of the world, allowing the readers to see how this may affect and come through in your writing. I also love the picture you chose because it places you into a context that is in line with how you describe yourself. Is there a reason you chose to use a black and white version of this photo? One change I would make is in sentence structure. Every sentence besides the first begins with “she is,” which I found to be a little redundant.